- First a community workshop next community day - 1st May: Jessica, Susan and Grace will take us through the Victoria Findlay Wolfe's fabric making process from her book '15 minutes of play'. The aim is to make 'fabric' in 'masculine' colours, so we an add some 'men and boy' quilts to our community stash. Sewing machines will be needed.
- Later in the year, probably 3rd quarter, we can look forward to a presentation from Bridget Giblin to share her collection of old quilts.
- Jessica is also looking at workshops sharing our in house skills: needle turn applique and machine quilting were both mentioned.
Any other requests/suggestions - let Jessica know and I'm sure she will make it happen!
- Last opportunity to participate in the May retreat: see Kerry soon/i.e. immediately
- Don't forget, May 8th for your Playing Card
Show and Tell
Check out this 'modern Australian crazy patchwork' from Betty.
and the detail ... including the selvages
Marie G. contributed four cot quilts for the Grace Centre
To add to our community 'stash' - a quilt from Narelle and quilted by Gil.
And Janet had a story on this one .. the left overs from another quilt and she made quite a few blocks with no bobbin in the machine !
Have a great Easter ... Cheers Iris