We had 22 members this week. As you can imagine there was lots of chatter, catching up with each other and genuinely enjoying seeing and speaking to everyone. It is true we are social animals and this virus has brought this very much to the fore.
Thank you to Joy who arrived with two bags of the biggest lemons I have have ever seen. They were a welcome gift and quickly disappeared.
Akiko helped Narelle put together a quilt top that Narelle had bought from Achieve (The Sewing Basket). It is very pretty and will be for Community.
Helena was knitting as she loves to do and does spectacularly. This time it is a cotton top. Ann A. is also a knitter and loves to see the work that the knitters bring in and often wear.
Sandy was busy with her new Community Coordinator job. We have lots of treasures in the cupboards which she is discovering.
News about our Retreat in October:
Both Quilt NSW and Eastwood are going ahead with their retreats at Kurri Kurri this year, as we are.
Narelle has received information about the new rules to be observed. The COVID situation is being taken very seriously by TAFE NSW.
* Accommodation is single room only.
* The cottages can only have two guests, each with their own bathroom. There are 5 cottages but these have been snapped up by the girls who were present this week. 17 of us have already signed up!
* There are 21 motel rooms - all to be single occupancy.
* Extra cleaning and sanitation will take place each day in the accommodation, the conference and eating areas.
* No buffets. All meals will be served by TAFE staff and no service at the bar. Tables will seat 6 persons only.
* Minimum numbers have been reduced to 18 but we can have a maximum of 30.
Prices - Motel $630 and Cottages $440 per person.
It is difficult to plan anything definite these days. I hope all goes well and we can have a fun weekend away in October.
Show and Tell:
A close up of Bev's quilt she made for the Womens' Refuge. Many were fascinated by how the blocks were put together. Hence a ruler appeared and fingers pointed to figure it out. A simple block that looks way more difficult than it is.