I do like my Thursdays. It is a very pleasant way to spend a day.
I cannot join you next week and the following Thursday is Anzac Day. We will back as usual on May 2nd.
* We received a very nice letter from the Womens' refuge that Robyn has introduced us too. They are very appreciative of the cot quilts and little teddies and bunnies that we have given them.
Making these larger cot quilts - 40" x 40" - is an ongoing commitment.
If you have a spare moment, think about whipping one up.
* Carolyn from the Grace Centre could not come this week. She will now come to collect the Kangaroo quilts and the baby quilts on 9 May.
* Christie has been busy preparing the pieces for the Traditional quilt for our show next year.
Next week Iris will have paper bags of the pieces to be sewn together including instructions.
The pieces can be sewn by hand or machine.
The pieces are quite small so hand sewing may be more accurate.
* Springwood Community Quilt Sow is on from Friday to Sunday 26-28 April from 10 am to 4 pm.
* Eastwood Patchwork quilters show is on from 3-5 May from 10 am to 4:30 pm.
Pop-up Shop for Achieve Basket:
Achieve (formerly Crowley House) is having a pop up shop at 427 Darling Street, Balmain next
week from 9 am to 2 pm Monday to Friday.
Jenny needs some 7" zips for the bags she makes for the show. If you see any at Achieve please pick them up for her.
Next Community Day Workshop:
Grace and Helena will be conducting a Wagga Workshop on May 2nd. Grace has lots of tips and will guide us through the process. The waggas are the biggest seller for us at our show so making one is very well worthwhile.
Show and Tell:
Cot quilt for the Womens' refuge from Grace.
And two from Robyn S.
A baby quilt for the Grace Centre from Bev.
And four from Carolyn. Carolyn's stash is never-ending.
This pretty quilt is from Iris. It will be a quilt for Community.
Until next time ....