There seemed to be a lot of news this week.
* Maria Shell visit:
Maria Shell will be in Sydney to host workshops at Material Obsession over the weekend of September 28 ad 29th.
Maria lives in Anchorage, Alaska. She is an artist and quiltmaker, working mainly with solids.
Her latest book is 'Improv Patchwork: Dynamic Quilts Made with Line and Shape'.
Kathy has suggested that she come to our meeting on September 26 the speak about her work, ideas and methods.
It will be a special treat for us and I am sure we will gain lots of inspiration from her.
* Elva is making pin cushions to be sold at our show next year. Robyn Jns has a friend in Orange who has very kindly given us some sheep wool for the stuffing. It is perfect for pin cushions as the lanolin in the wool prevents rust on the pins and needles. Also it make a solid stuffing for the pins and needles to cling to and not slip out.
* Moina has not been to quilting for a while. She has moved house and has had a bout of pneumonia. However she is coming next week. It will be lovely to see her after such a long time.
* Craft Depot at Pennant Hills:
Heather had an email from Craft Depot to say that all their fabric is $10/metre and machines are half price.
* September is shaping up to be a very busy month:
- Helena's workshop on Thursday September 5 is on free motion quilting
- Our retreat is 6,7,8 September
- Our Birthday party is September 19
- Maria Shell visit, September 26
Show and Tell:
Heart Quilts from Helena's workshop.
Red one from Susan H. and Blue one Jenny, Iris and Marie G.
Two baby quilts from Sheila. Sheila has cut a lot of her scraps into 4 x 2 pieces which is a great idea.
A 'quilt as you go' cot quilt from Carolyn. Carolyn actually made 4 of them.
Cot quilt from Robyn Jnst
Quilt made from 'orphan' blocks for Community from Narelle and Ros
Another Quilt for Community
A Wagga being made by Jenny
Until next week ......