This Thursday was our Community Day. It is always a busy day designing, sewing and finalising quilts to be donated to our various charities.
This week many of our members helped Grace and Gil put Wagga Kits together to sell at the show. The group was unusually quiet as their preparation required a lot of concentration.
The Blue Group were busy pinning a beautiful appliqued quilt ready for quilting.
We had a show committee meeting earlier. Following are a number of key points:
* Iris has our Publicity well in hand. We have a good following on facebook and in magazine/newspaper publications as well as the QuiltNSW Newsletter.
* Suzie L. has the forms ready for those who have quilts to sell at the show. Please see Suzie.
*Narelle has put the Rosters out for everyone. There is a wide range of jobs to help with, so add your names to the lists.
* Lindy has asked for some help returning the Quilt Hanging Frames on Sunday after the show. They are returned to a storeroom near Rydalmere. If anyone can help out please see Lindy.
* The Raffle will be drawn at 4pm. on Sunday 12 August.
Photos of Show Quilts:
Alison will be taking photos of our quilts over two Thursdays at Fairland Hall. Meg will let everyone know next week which Thursday you should bring your quilt to be photographed.
The dates are Thursday 26 July and Thursday 2 August.
* An early reminder: Your quilts must be dropped off at the Town Hall between 8:30 and 9 am on Thursday 9 August.
Quilting on the Catwalk:
It was such a busy day this week that I forgot to pass on some news of Jessica Wheelahan.
The following excerpt is courtesy of QuiltNSW e-newsletter:
"News from the catwalks of couture week in Paris, we can share the success of two QuiltNSW members whose work has featured in collaboration with Australian fashion designers Luke Sales and Anna Plunkett of Romance was Born, who have just presented their first couture show in Paris titled step into paradise inspired by fashion icon and long time mentor Jenny Kee.
Jessica and Rachaeldaisy were approached by Romance is Born and worked using their own distinctive styles to bring alive contemporary interpretations of the Jenny Kee aesthetic."
I have included some photos of their work below.
Show and Tell:
Above are a couple of samples from Jessica and Rachaeldaisy.
A baby quilt from Sheila.
A baby quilt from Jenny S.
A baby quilt from June.
Carolyn divided a large quilt she had made into three lap quilts. These are to be given to one of our Charities.
Above is a pretty quilt from Kerry for her little granddaughter who loves mermaids.
Another baby quilt from June.
Until next time ....